3 Sept 2012

Winter wonderland

(Originally published Jan 18, 2012)
Finally snow has fallen on Vancouver and area. It’s about 3 weeks too late to be considered “magical” in my opinion (as I've already mentioned on facebook)… but I’m still grateful for every snowflake. I’ve been waiting for what seems like months for an actual feeling of winter to finally arrive. The extended fall weather was just making everything wet and brown, despite that this has been a pretty dry winter for the lower mainland (very little rain at all in the month of December).
Maybe it’s just nostalgia for the snow heavy winter months of my youth in the prairies that’s making me want to see more, maybe it’s a desire to run out and make snow angels and have a snow ball fight, maybe it’s just nice to see the fresh clean blanket of snow instead of the wet, brown gardens… this first snowfall is very welcome in my life.
I made a quick video of a stroll in the area this morning. Not my best work, but I played with some sepia tones, tried to give it an old-timey feel (so I apologize for unintentional blurriness… but some of it was intentional nonetheless). And of course I set it to Carnival of the Animals’ “The Swan” by Saint-Saens. Enjoy
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment